Education and Training Committee
To identify educational and training objectives for the Society and to offer appropriate commentary and advice in such matters.
- To establish and develop contacts with UK universities and other educational establishments, training authorities and similar organisations in those subject areas where the Society would have a common interest.
- To improve contacts with similar organisations outside the UK.
- To monitor post–experience and training courses offered under the aegis of SUT.
- To initiate plans for seminars or other events having a substantial element of educational and/or training matters in the programme.
- To update and revise the careers information in underwater technology for dissemination to schools and universities.
- To encourage and interest young people in the activities of the SUT, especially those currently undergoing higher education and training, through provision of lectures, training and careers advice.
The Committee shall consist of individuals having a close interest in the aim of the Committee, such that a broad representation is achieved of academia, industry, research institutes and government departments.
If you are a member of the Committee of this area, please click the link below to go to the password protected page.